Dr. Onakoya obtained his MBBS from the College of Medicine, University of Lagos with a distinction in Medical Ethics and Jurisprudence.
He had his residency training in Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology at the National Orthopaedic Hospital Igbobi , which involved rotations in Neuro-surgery and Cardio-Thoracic surgery at the University College Hospital, Ibadan (UCH).
He became the Chief Resident of the National Orthopaedic Hospital, and received further specialist training in the South West Thames Regional Health Trust. He subsequently worked as a specialist Orthopaedic Registrar at the St. Georges Hospital Tooting Broadway, and at various other hospitals in Surrey and London.
Dr. Onakoya is ATLS certified, and a Fellow of the West African College of Surgeons. His major areas of interest are Major Limb Trauma and Joint Replacement Surgery.
Dr. Onakoya is a member of the following professional associations:
- Nigerian Orthopaedic Association (NOA)
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- AO Trauma
- International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (SICOT)
- Society for Quality Healthcare in Nigeria (SQHN)