Dr. Olatunbosun Ayokunle Oke is a Gastroenterology Surgeon and a Consultant General and Colorectal surgeon. He had his basic medical training at the University of Ibadan, and his General Surgical Training at the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals, Ile-Ife. He had his Sub-specialist training in Surgical Gastroenterology with emphasis on lower gastrointestinal surgery at the Groote Schuur Hospital of the University of Cape Town, after which he further trained in advanced laparoscopic and robotic colorectal operations at the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust,.
Dr. Oke’s clinical interests include general colorectal surgery, intestinal failure, complex abdominal wall hernias, inflammatory bowel disease and surgical endoscopy.
He is a membership of the following professional bodies:
- The West African College of Surgeons (WACS)
- The Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (PMCN)
- The Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- The Colleges of Medicine of South Africa (CMSA)
- The South African Gastroenterological Society (SAGES)
- The European Society of Coloproctology (ESCP)